Like most moms, I’m always on the lookout for an easy meal idea. I love meals that I can throw together in 30 minutes or less. That’s why this recipe for broccoli slaw with peanut butter sriracha sauce has been a favorite in our house for years.
Sometimes I look back at my recipe page and see the evolution of what I like to call “mom recipes” aka easy meal ideas. There was a time pre-baby where I would spend hours prepping for a meal. It was fun to play around and experiment in the kitchen without a baby clinging to my legs. With two young ones and another one on the way, my days of experimenting in the kitchen are long gone. Now my idea of experimenting is putting two ingredients together like peanut butter and sriracha.
Easy Meal Idea
Broccoli slaw is one of my new favorite staples. I pick up a bag of it every week at the grocery store. It makes for a perfect base for any protein. My most recent creation was eggplant and tofu in a peanut butter sriracha sauce, but seriously, you could put any flavorful sauce on the slaw and it would taste great.
- Bag of broccoli slaw
- 2 Tbsp. your choice of oil- I used olive oil
- Protein/ veggies for the topping (we like eggplant and tofu- chicken works well too)
- 3 Tbsp. peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 3 Tbsp. sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. rice vinegar
- Pan sear your protein and veggies in oil over medium high heat
- Set aside the protein and veggies, and add the broccoli slaw to the pan to soften, but not sear. ~3-5 minutes
- Mix last 4 ingredients in a bowl. Add the proteins and veggies to coat.
This is so cheap and easy that we make a different variation of it weekly. The bagged slaw is around $2 which makes this one of our cheapest meals. Add rice to get in an extra carb if you want it. If the sauce is too hot, add more peanut butter. Want it spicier? Add more sriracha.
What’s your favorite easy meal idea?
Latest posts by Hannah (see all)
- Easy Meal Idea: Broccoli Slaw with Peanut Butter Sriracha Sauce - March 29, 2017
- Easy Steps to Think like a Saver - March 20, 2017
- Chicken and Andouille Sausage Gumbo Recipe - February 6, 2017